What to wear
While this is always my favorite part, seeing the outfits that my clients have created…I know that without a doubt it’s likely the most stressful for you. So I’ve pulled together some ideas, things to consider & what not to do 🙂
Things you absolutely SHOULD DO!
- Create a color scheme using multiple colors. Example – warm tones such as cream, maroon & navy.
- Mix and match patterns. Example – it is completely okay for there to be stripes and plaid in the same photo! Try it….you might LOVE it.
- Layer…. yes!!! Layer! Example – I love to put my teen son in a t-shirt with a button up over, or ladies add a cute sweater or jacket.
- Accessorize! Jewelry, scarves, hats and jackets can be a great way to accessorize.
- Dress up! Have fun!
Things you should probably skip!
Matchy Matchy. Instead of all black tops and jeans, opt for multiple colors and textures. It’s probably easier to put together anyways!
- Graphics. I’m not going to say that there is never a time for this, cause there is…. but, in my opinion the focus should be on you, not your shirt graphics!
- Do not wear clothes that you do not feel comfortable in. Too tight, too bright…whatever the case may be. Feel good, no… FEEL GREAT!
So it’s not a lot… but maybe those few tips will help you… here are some photos from sessions I have adored 🙂 (Including my own which was photographed by Kristina Houser).